A company may wish to return its profits in the form of dividends to its shareholders. To declare dividends, the following documents should be prepared.
- A directors’ resolution
There should be meeting minutes or a form of written declaration where the directors of the company had voted for and approved that dividends are to be paid to the shareholders.
- Dividend vouchers
This is essentially a dividend receipt. It records the details of the dividend payment and the declaration by the company directors agreeing to issue the dividend.
Information that should be on the dividend voucher:
- Name of the shareholder receiving the dividend
- Address of the shareholder receiving the dividend
- Name of the company issuing the dividend
- The registered address of the company issuing the dividend
- Date of issue
- Number of shares held by the shareholder
- Payment per share
- Total dividend paid
- Signature of representative (typically the company director)
If you need assistance with matters relating to dividends, you may contact us at [email protected].
When in doubt, seek legal advice or consult an experienced ACRA Filing Agent.
The editorial team at Singapore Secretary Services
For more useful articles and videos, visit the Singapore Secretary Services resource page.