A Letter of Consent (LOC) is an authorisation letter that is issued by the Ministry of Manpower (MOM) that allows eligible holders of Dependant Passes (DP Holders) or Long-Term Visit Pass (LTVP or LTVP+) to work in Singapore. By default, DP, LTVP and LTVP+ holders are not allowed to work in Singapore.

To be eligible for a LOC, the applicant must be one of the following:

  1. A Dependant’s Pass holder who is a dependant of an Employment Pass (EP), EntrePass or Personalised Employment Pass (PEP) holder.
  2. An LTVP or LTVP+ holder who is married to a Singaporean or permanent resident.
  3. An unmarried child (under 21 years old) of a Singaporean or permanent resident, who holds an LTVP.

The employer or appointed employment agency can apply for the LOC. The applicant can only start working after he or she has received the LOC from MOM.

The duration of the LOC is based on the earlier of these:

  1. What the employer indicated in the application
  2. The expiry date of the LTVP, LTVP+ or Dependant’s Pass. This is usually tied to the EP, EntrePass or PEP.

The LOC is also cancelled when:

  1. The holder’s LTVP, LTVP+ or Dependant’s Pass is cancelled or expires
  2. The employment ends or is cancelled by the employer.

To apply for a LOC, you may email [email protected] or visit https://singaporeemploymentagency.com/


When in doubt, seek legal advice or consult an experienced ACRA Filing Agent.

Yours Sincerely,
The editorial team at Singapore Secretary Services

For more useful articles and videos, visit the Singapore Secretary Services resource page.


Related articles:

What are the differences between an employment pass and an Entrepass?

Employment rights of interns in Singapore

Minimum qualifying salary to rise by SGD$600 for Employment Passes and SGD$100 for S Passes. Higher requirements for financial services.

Singapore PR scheme for individuals working in Singapore

What are the differences between an employment pass and an Entrepass?