An Employment Pass (EP) allows the pass holder to remain and work in Singapore. Here is a brief overview of the Employment Pass and what are the criteria required.
Foreigners who are applying for an EP must fulfil the following criteria:
- Have a job offer in Singapore.
There must be a written offer by a company or a business to work in Singapore.
- The position must be a managerial, executive or specialised job.
- The minimum qualifying salary is at least SGD$4,500 (The minimum qualifying salary for EP candidates in the financial services sector is at least SDG$5,000).
Young graduates with qualifications from good educational institutions can qualify if the proposed salary is at least $4,500. Older, more experienced candidates need higher salaries to qualify.
- Have acceptable qualifications, usually a good university degree, professional qualifications or specialised skills.
The Ministry of Manpower (MOM) will not accept qualifications from unaccredited institutions. To check if an institution is accredited, you can use:
– Global verification agencies such as Dataflow, or Risk Management Intelligence (RMI).
– International accreditation bodies
– Awarding country’s educational authorities
MOM doesn’t have a list of approved institutions. Instead, they will evaluate each application on its own merit, based on a wide range of factors such as the candidate’s salary, track records, work experience, skill sets and global and countries’ rankings of institutions.
To have a brief guide on whether you are eligible for an EP, you can use the MOM Self-Assessment Tool (SAT).
The EP application can be done by the employer or a third party like an Employment Agency. If you need assistance on EP matters, you can contact info@singaporesecretaryservices or visit https://singaporeemploymentagency.com/.
When in doubt, seek legal advice or consult an experienced ACRA Filing Agent.
The editorial team at Singapore Secretary Services
For more useful articles and videos, visit the Singapore Secretary Services resource page.